[SOLVED] Do I need to upgrade my power supply?

May 20, 2020
Hello, I have been in a bit of an upset lately for my older PC build will not perform on older, less needy games such as Counter Strike, I have an NVIDEA GeForce GT 730 GPU and a AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, 3800 MHz, 2 cores, 4 logical processors, as a processor, and a 350w power supply running the contraption. I have never had booting issues or random shutdowns like an inefficient PSU would cause in the cases I have read on, but in my task manager when I look at counter strikes usage, under CPU it is around 20% for the game and an average of 30% overall, and under gpu it is around 27% for the game and an average of 27% overall, butttttt when I scroll to power usage and (CPU, Disk and GPU impact on power consumption over time) they both bounce between high and very high in the games column, but low and very low everywhere else. So the thing is with this 350w power supply, I have a Corsair HX1000w power supply I found in a box of junk my dad bought at an auction for a couple of bucks, I tested it and it and it’s a working PSU, would it be a fathomable solution to put the 1000w PSU in to let my GPU and CPU percentages go up to maximize their intended performance or is that not my problem?

Solution
Corsair HX1000W assuming it indeed works (i guess there were a reason why it was in a box of junk tho) would be infinitely better than pretty much any 350W PSU out there. But your problem likely isn't a PSU but smth else, drivers perhaps ? That's an old hardware and modern OS, they might not work properly together.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Corsair HX1000W assuming it indeed works (i guess there were a reason why it was in a box of junk tho) would be infinitely better than pretty much any 350W PSU out there. But your problem likely isn't a PSU but smth else, drivers perhaps ? That's an old hardware and modern OS, they might not work properly together.

Solution
May 20, 2020
It was in its correct manufactures box, with everything that was supposed to be in it, and I’ve put it in and my power % referred to in the OP has gone down, but my GPU and CPU percentages still are not even reaching over 40. So you may be correct with the drivers