[SOLVED] Do I need to upgrade my PSU?

Mar 30, 2020
Hello! I upgraded my old PC with a new CPU, MB, RAM and GPU.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
2x8GB DDR4 (3000MHz) Corsair Vegeance ram
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti Strix OG
256GB SSD, and an 1 TB Harddisk.

My PSU is a Fujitsu DPS-500QB A (500W)

Do I need to buy a new PSU?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
If I test it like this, and see if it's working. Can it be a problem?

What to test? your current PSU?
Sure... you can give it a try, but I recommend changing it, since I presume it is quite old.
With all that said, it should power the system fine... just remember to change it in the future.
That's a Delta made unit... they usually make solid PSUs.
How old is it?

If that PC works fine then there is no need to but, from what I saw the 12V lane of this PSU is not very good, I would recommend you upgrade it, the PSU is the most important part in the computer, it can kill all the others...
I recommend this one: https://www.amazon.com/MasterWatt-S...ff13a6931e23feb7eada718e0d82f9&language=en_US

That's not the greatest PSU either... no offense, but I'd take a Delta PSU over a budget CM model any day. Even without an 80+ certification these Delta made units are usually built like a tank

That said the masterwatt 80+ bronze series uses a newer dc-dc design + 5 years of warranty, so it's fine... still there are better units out there, depending on his budget.

Also, his PSU uses a multi rail design for the +12V(12V1,12V2,12V3)... each being able to supply up to 18A. I'm not seeing it being weak in any way.

Changing that PSU will depend mostly on it's age.

Last edited:
Reactions: HardyyA