[SOLVED] Do i need to upgrade my Ram from 16gigs to 32 gigs?

fiftyseven57

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016
I have currently 8x2 16 gigs of ram and this is my memory model
https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/184/1562832515/F4-3600C18D-16GVK-Specification

Should I upgrade it to 32 gigs? And which ram will work best with the aforementioned model

My pc Specs are
Motherboard: ASUS Rog X570-E
Cpu: Amd 3700x
Gpu: Rx 480x (Will upgrade to 5700xt)
Powersupply: Corsaid Rmx 750w https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...ply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020179-NA

My uses: playing mostly singleplayer games and multiplayer games
streaming occasionally and video editing

Solution
ITs usually at 70% while playing games other than that it's 30% when I am just using it normally. So do you think it will be good for next year or 2? or when I see 100% usage and performance drop?

Yeah unless you're starting to see 100% RAM usage and your system slow down because you're using the pagefile because of the lack of RAM and you're having FPS drops because of this or your software start crashing because you need more RAM I wouldn't go for 32GB.

Doesn't sound like you need the 32GB :)
Hi fiftyseven57.

The question is do you need 32GB of RAM?

Do you often see close to 100% RAM usage on your system? If you don't you don't need that 32GB.

When you upgrade the RAM it's always better to buy the total amount of RAM you want in a new RAM Kit so you're not mixing the RAM.

If you want 32GB of RAM a 2x16GB RAM Kit would be what you want. Not mixing a 2x8GB with another 2x8GB RAM Kit.

I don't think you need that 32GB of RAM unless you start having issues with your system telling you that you're lacking RAM where you would see the RAM usage maxed at 100%.

fiftyseven57

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016
Hi fiftyseven57.

The question is do you need 32GB of RAM?

Do you often see close to 100% RAM usage on your system? If you don't you don't need that 32GB.

When you upgrade the RAM it's always better to buy the total amount of RAM you want in a new RAM Kit so you're not mixing the RAM.

If you want 32GB of RAM a 2x16GB RAM Kit would be what you want. Not mixing a 2x8GB with another 2x8GB RAM Kit.

I don't think you need that 32GB of RAM unless you start having issues with your system telling you that you're lacking RAM where you would see the RAM usage maxed at 100%.
ITs usually at 70% while playing games other than that it's 30% when I am just using it normally. So do you think it will be good for next year or 2? or when I see 100% usage and performance drop?

Yeah unless you're starting to see 100% RAM usage and your system slow down because you're using the pagefile because of the lack of RAM and you're having FPS drops because of this or your software start crashing because you need more RAM I wouldn't go for 32GB.

Solution

fiftyseven57

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016

Thanks for the quick response and helping me decide appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS