[SOLVED] Do i need to use a software to clone my HDD?

Nov 9, 2021
I am currently using my 1TB hdd as a secondary drive to store games and such, and i just upgraded it and bought a 2TB MX5000 SSD. I was wondering if i needed a software like Macrium reflect or if i could just copy and paste in the file explorer. Both drives are working properly.

Solution
I am currently using my 1TB hdd as a secondary drive to store games and such, and i just upgraded it and bought a 2TB MX5000 SSD. I was wondering if i needed a software like Macrium reflect or if i could just copy and paste in the file explorer. Both drives are working properly.
For a secondary drive, cloning is not required, but makes it a bit easier.

But, the new drive has to end up with the same drive letter as the old, and have the exact same file/folder set up.

USAFRet

Titan
For a secondary drive, cloning is not required, but makes it a bit easier.

But, the new drive has to end up with the same drive letter as the old, and have the exact same file/folder set up.

Solution