Question Do I need to wait for my GPU to build my pc

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, so I have ordered my pc on Newegg and all of my parts came except my RTX 2070 Super and the mail carrier are being not so nice so it may be a while before I get it. Should I build my pc and just wait for the GPU to come so I can shove it in and use my pc?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There's nothing stopping you building without the GPU, but if you're using a CPU with no integrated graphics, you've no way of getting a display 'out' (unless you have another GPU laying around?).

Personally, if I had no way to see it post, I'd hold off building until I had all the parts infront of me - but that's just me.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
There's nothing stopping you building without the GPU, but if you're using a CPU with no integrated graphics, you've no way of getting a display 'out' (unless you have another GPU laying around?).

Personally, if I had no way to see it post, I'd hold off building until I had all the parts infront of me - but that's just me.
Well I have my RX 570 8GB from when my old pc broke (it broke on feburary 29th so I call it the crash of 29 lol) but idk if it works and I put my money if I hook that GPU up it will have no post so I will just wait for my GPU also it is on its way to the post office so I should have it today.