[SOLVED] Do I really have get extender re-flashed to solve this problem?

Feb 9, 2020
Changing from AT&T internet to Xfinity. My wifi extender is a 2 yr old Netgear 3700. I connected it to Xfinity & a popup said it was making extender bands, but it there aren't any new bands for Xfinity. I only see the defunct AT&T bands... ATT_2GEXT & ATT_5GEXT. I could not find a way to remove or delete the AT&T extensions. Finally called customer support and the tech guy said that I won't be able to use my current extender unless he re-flashes the firmware & makes other adjustments... $50, please. I said I'd be better off putting the $$ into a new extender. He said I will have the same problem with any new extender I get. Really... people change internet providers all the time. I don't see how this problem can carry over if I get a newer extender. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020
Wooo....Hoooo!
Exactly the right model. Good to have the firmware update info-- May go ahead & do it since I haven't ever updated its firmware. I definitely should have looked for the online manual. The hard copy manual doesn't even have a pg. 22.
Thank you so much :)
Best thing that's happened all day

Last edited: