Do i really need a intel i7 or higher processor for gaming

bigjohnny

Reputable
May 20, 2016
i currently have a i5 4590 for my build and what concerns me is that games like Fallout 4,Battlefield 1, Sniper Elite 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda recommends a i7 processor which i cant afford so im stuck with the i5 4590.So will there any problems if i dont get the recommended hardware to play the games mentioned above.Do i really need the i7

Solution
Games have been recommending i7s for years now, even though until recently, eg. the past year or so most games didn't scale beyond 4 threads thus making the i7s perform functionally identically to the i5s. Even with better multithreading, i5s are usually still sufficient if you are targeting 60FPS. If you have a 144Hz monitor and high end GPU, having an i7 does become more beneficial for maintaining those extremely high framerates in newer titles.
Games have been recommending i7s for years now, even though until recently, eg. the past year or so most games didn't scale beyond 4 threads thus making the i7s perform functionally identically to the i5s. Even with better multithreading, i5s are usually still sufficient if you are targeting 60FPS. If you have a 144Hz monitor and high end GPU, having an i7 does become more beneficial for maintaining those extremely high framerates in newer titles.

Solution