Do I really need to build a mew system ?

Drooz

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
So I have the following build
PC Specs :
CPU : Intel I5 3570K 3.4 GHz Up To 3.8 Running @ 4.1
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master: Seidon 120V
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z77-D3H
RAM : 16GB Kingston DDR 3
Storage : 1- Seagate 1TB SSHD Hybrid Drive 2- WD 500GB Blue
GPU : Single Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB OC
Case : Deepcool Tesseract BF
Power Supply : Gigabyte Superb 720 watt
So the question do i need to build a new pc or just upgrade gpu or something else
I was planning to build new pc but my cpu is running @4.1 cool in summer where here it is 31 outside so it is a bit hot. Im having good gpu but any suggestions ?

Solution
Well, do you feel it's not doing what you want? Is there some games/app that doesn't work as it should!?

If it ain't broke don't fix it! :)

Your system is still a capable gaming machine for 1080p. So unless you are moving to a better monitor, or need a PC for more demanding tasks, then what you have will suffice.

Well, do you feel it's not doing what you want? Is there some games/app that doesn't work as it should!?

If it ain't broke don't fix it! :)

Your system is still a capable gaming machine for 1080p. So unless you are moving to a better monitor, or need a PC for more demanding tasks, then what you have will suffice.

Solution

Drooz

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Nothing is broken but I was think if i need to plan for build or upgrade since I will be using my pc in Andriod studio and some gaming heavy gaming. Any idea what gpu would fit ?

what res is your monitor? If it's 1080p/60hz a GTX1060 6gb or RX580 would be fine, and get you Ultra/High settings in nearly all games. They would be well balanced with your system.

Either of those cards will give nearly double the performance of the R9 380, game dependent.

Neur0nauT

Admirable
You'd only need an upgrade if you plan to get the high FPS for 144Hz @ 1080p, or else if you were planning on moving your resolution up to a 2K+ monitor.

If you plan on upgrading to a 2K monitor, then you could test AMD VSR and upscale your monitor res to 2560x1440 and see how your FPS is. If it struggles on the titles you play, then consider a GPU upgrade first.

TRENDING THREADS