[SOLVED] Do more exhaust fans than intake fans = Negative pressure? And can an exhaust fan "steal" the heatsink fan's intake?

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
I've looked over forums and couldn't find a direct answer, so I'll be asking you guys. I'm using a Corsair Spec-05, and I'm using the HDD slots, so there are only 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan as of right now. I'm thinking of putting 2 more fans on the exhaust slots up top, but there is an exception. Using ASUS' Q-Fan control, I can run the exhaust fans at minimum to almost no speed, while the intake fans run faster than the exhaust. Would this equal positive pressure? Or would this still equal negative pressure?

Solution
More CFM out than in = "negative pressure"
Not just the number of fans.

"steal the heatsink fans intake"?
No.
Case fans do one thing. Move air through the case. In with the cool, out with the warm.

The heatsink fan moves air across the heatsink fins. It doesn't care where that air came from.

USAFRet

Titan

No.
Case fans do one thing. Move air through the case. In with the cool, out with the warm.

The heatsink fan moves air across the heatsink fins. It doesn't care where that air came from.

Solution

No.

There is an exception, if an exhaust fan is placed in front of CPU cooler like on top for instance it will "Steal" some air from front intake fan(s).