[SOLVED] Do motherboards come preinstalled with a wifi card, or do I have to buy one and install it myself

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Pretty much what the title says, I am building a custom pc, and I haven’t done to much research hence why I’m here but do I need to buy a wifi card to connect to my internet or do I have to buy one. I don’t want to use Ethernet because the pc is in my room, far-away from the internet box, but if anyone could help that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Usually only expensive gaming boards come with wifi built in. They'll include overclocking features, high end audio, and today wifi 6. There are $500+ motherboards floating around which is crazy. Look at specs for wifi. All boards include gigabit ethernet, but only select boards have wifi.

gondo

Distinguished
Usually only expensive gaming boards come with wifi built in. They'll include overclocking features, high end audio, and today wifi 6. There are $500+ motherboards floating around which is crazy. Look at specs for wifi. All boards include gigabit ethernet, but only select boards have wifi.

Solution

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
ok, thanks