[SOLVED] Do MSI BIOS settings have a changes log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on the model for the MSI motherboard you're working with? Last I checked, MSI and all the other brands don't add as much info in their descriptions section. In fact Asus used to include a changelog of what the next BIOS changed over the prior version. This time I'm speaking of is about 1 or 2 decades ago.

Hello, i was doing some recent changes on my MSI BIOs to enable SVM and my OCD has been hitting me hard. Last time it happened it took me several days to set up my few BIOS settings. I was wondering if there is a change log of the things i saved or changed on it today or the last days.
By changelog....do you mean a log of recent changes you made to settings? For that, as far as I know all most any board does is give you a (short) list of changes you made in the current editing session when you select to SAVE CHANGES and EXIT. I'd imagine only the very top-end boards in any mfr's line would have a log of changes in previous sessions.

If making frequent changes, that's what the PROFILES are for. Saving a series of named profiles lets you roll back to an earlier one to see what it had in it. It's not usually a very long series of profiles it can save, though, so you have to be judicious in how you use it. Some board BIOS' let you also save profiles to disk for nearly limitless storage of earlier ones, though.

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
By changelog....do you mean a log of recent changes you made to settings? For that, as far as I know all most any board does is give you a (short) list of changes you made in the current editing session when you select to SAVE CHANGES and EXIT. I'd imagine only the very top-end boards in any mfr's line would have a log of changes in previous sessions.

If making frequent changes, that's what the PROFILES are for. Saving a series of named profiles lets you roll back to an earlier one to see what it had in it. It's not usually a very long series of profiles it can save, though, so you have to be judicious in how you use it.
Yeah that is what i am looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS