[SOLVED] Do my build need a cpu cooler ?

Jun 29, 2020
CPU-Amd ryzen 5 3600
GPU-Msi gtx 1660 super gaming x Or 1660 ti ventus xs OC
Ram-ddr4 8gb 3000mhz
Motherboard-Msi b550 gaming edge wifi
Power supply-CX 550 watt
HDD- 1 TB segeate barrucuda.

Do i need a cpu cooler Or i could use a amd stock cooler?
Please refer me some RGB CPU cases with RGB fans.

Reply.

Solution
Don't know about cases but most people find the stock AMD cooler to be enough, especially if you aren't overly sensitive to fan noise and are not looking for extreme overclocking. On mild to moderate overclocks, the stock cooler should be able to keep the CPU cool, but it might not be completely silent while doing so. Also, from what I can tell your build seems gaming-oriented, so why aren't you getting 16 GB RAM? RAM is fairly cheap right now and for games you really should be looking to get 16 GB instead of 8.
Don't know about cases but most people find the stock AMD cooler to be enough, especially if you aren't overly sensitive to fan noise and are not looking for extreme overclocking. On mild to moderate overclocks, the stock cooler should be able to keep the CPU cool, but it might not be completely silent while doing so. Also, from what I can tell your build seems gaming-oriented, so why aren't you getting 16 GB RAM? RAM is fairly cheap right now and for games you really should be looking to get 16 GB instead of 8.

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Jun 29, 2020
But sir should I buy a 8×2 ram ddr4 kit Or just 16 gb single channel.
And how much ram speed is enough for my build for my gaming. Please refer a good ram in a budget.

So sir should I go for the stock cooler as I would not be overclocking my cpu for now. And use it for just gaming, editing etc
Reply.
Yes, try the stock cooler out first, and if you feel the noise is too much for you, you can buy aftermarket cooler later on.
Yes sir I will get 16 gb ram.
Please refer me a good brand ram for amd ryzen 5 3600.

Brand isn't very important in RAM, just don't get some no-name Chinese RAM.

But sir should I buy a 8×2 ram ddr4 kit Or just 16 gb single channel.
And how much ram speed is enough for my build for my gaming. Please refer a good ram in a budget.
Definitely 2x8 GB is better than 1x16 GB, so go with that. The ideal speed for the Ryzen 3600 is 3600 MHz, but it's not overly important to get exactly that speed, but try to get at least 3200 MHz. If you want exact recommendation, please tell us what country you are in and what online website you can use for buying.

Jun 29, 2020
Sir I live India and as per my budget I have choosen a corsair vengeance lpx 1×8gb 3000 mhz as I thought not to give a too much heat as I will be using only stock cooler and later on I will take again a 8gb ram 3000 mhz and a good quality cpu cooler

So is corsair rams are good for gaming Or should I choose a different one.

Sir I live India and as per my budget I have choosen a corsair vengeance lpx 1×8gb 3000 mhz as I thought not to give a too much heat as I will be using only stock cooler and later on I will take again a 8gb ram 3000 mhz and a good quality cpu cooler

It's best to buy a dual kit of RAM, (2x8= 16gb) together than to buy 1x8gb twice, separately as even if they are the same make/model/speed, two single sticks bought separately are not guaranteed to work together.

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
As mentioned go for 1 pack of 2 x 8gb ram with 3200mhz or 3600mhz. 1 pack of 2 x 8gb ram work well with each others. Buying 2 single packs of 8gb ram you are not guaranted that they will work to geather optimal.
Ram as what i can understand dos not pruduce much heat and will not affect your cooling. I can be wrong on that but in my limited knowleg its not a factor.

Try the AMD cooler and if you are not happy with it, then replace it when you have some spear money.

As already mentioned, go with a 2x8 GB kit that comes together, don't buy two separate 8 GB sticks as the manufacturer does not guarantee they will work together, due to which you might have to return it and get it replaced if any issue arises. Heat from RAM is not much of a problem, you don't need to really account for it in this system. Corsair is a trusted brand of RAM, so is G Skill, HyperX, Crucial and ADATA. Any of those manufacturers can be relied upon. Again, get 2x8 GB sticks of 3200-3600 MHz, and buy one in which both RAM sticks come together in single box, not separately.

Jun 29, 2020
I am not sure what you mean here. You want recomondation on a pc case or a cpu cooler?

If you want a case i recomend a case with mesh fronts and 2 or 3 front fans like Cooler Master H500 with mesh front or something a Long that consept
Sir i want to get a best Case with RGB fans for msi b550 gaming edge wifi.

Please refer some. Is it atx tower, mid atx tow
I am not sure what you mean here. You want recomondation on a pc case or a cpu cooler?

If you want a case i recomend a case with mesh fronts and 2 or 3 front fans like Cooler Master H500 with mesh front or something a Long that consept
Sir i want to get a best RGB fans case for msi b550 gaming edge wifi.

Please refer some. Are they Mid tower or Full tower for my MB?

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
I dont know whats availible at your market by i personaly would try Phanteks P400A. (edit) I see that the one you also have choosen has both 3pin and 4 pin rgb header.
Or you can go with Mastercase H500. 2 x 200mm rgb fans in the front.

Last edited:

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
CPU-Amd ryzen 5 3600
Ram-ddr4 8gb 3000mhz
Power supply-CX 550 watt

Reply.
Since you live in india like me, then you must experience high CPU temperature due to the fact that our ambient temperature is high, if you wanna keep your Ryzen 5 3600 relatively cool then you need a custom cooler like mine Antec A400 or Gamaxxx GT or Cooler master hyper EVO 212

Cabinet Chiptronex GX2000 RGB costs 3800, if you want good known brand msi forge 100r6000

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
CPU-Amd ryzen 5 3600
Ram-ddr4 8gb 3000mhz
Power supply-CX 550 watt

Reply.
My temperature in idle ,

https://ibb.co/8215Sp9

before it used to be high in stock cooler, such as 55 -60 idle and 77 load

My temperature in idle ,

https://ibb.co/8215Sp9

before it used to be high in stock cooler, such as 55 -60 idle and 77 load
Those aren't very high temperatures, up to around 85C is fine for 100% load on the CPU. I also live in India, but I have a Ryzen 5 1600, whose stock cooler is better than the 3600's.
@Predator005# , use the stock cooler first, and if you are not satisfied with it, only then invest in aftermarket cooling. You certainly don't need to straight away go with an AIO without trying the stock cooler first.

Reactions: Predator005#

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Those aren't very high temperatures, up to around 85C is fine for 100% load on the CPU. I also live in India, but I have a Ryzen 5 1600, whose stock cooler is better than the 3600's.
@Predator005# , use the stock cooler first, and if you are not satisfied with it, only then invest in aftermarket cooling. You certainly don't need to straight away go with an AIO without trying the stock cooler first.

Bro those temperatures i showed are after installing custom cooler, before it used be like 55 -60 in idle and 85 - 87 in games specially in COD modern warfare,
[B]Predator005#[/B] So if you are ok with your CPU running around at high 80's under load then leave it with stock wraith cooler, otherwise install custom cooler like mine. As simple as that, for better longevity i recommend custom cooler for our high ambient temperature.
My setup: Three fans at front and one at exhaust, with custom AIR cooler for CPU (Antec A400).
Cabinet: Chiptronex GX2000 RGB

0Markz0

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
Hard limit temp goes above 95°C and that stock cooler is very good right out of the box. These are not typical Intel stock coolers we're talking about here. AMD did one better and gave us wraith coolers with processors and yes if it runs many hours under load under 85-87°C it's normal Ryzen gets hotter it's just the way those are built. Make sure that paste is applied properly covering top of the cpu and wipe that excess paste with paper carefully and set that stock cooler down. You could even use couple years old Noctua cooler if it fits to AM4 or use AiO water cooler. Also download AMD Ryzen Master to check temps if you see that it tries to go over 90 then either cooler doesn't touch cpu properly or you have too little paste on cpu.

Last edited: