do my pc need extra cooler

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
hi everyone,
today my pc suddenly gets restart while play game, I don't know what is the reason for that,... I figure out that my processor heat temperature is around 60 degree.. whether it is the reason for that or any other reason is there for restarting.... due to the same problem I upgraded all my old pc parts but still the same problem continuing ... I am not using any extra cooler (air, liquid) do I need to buy that to over come this problem.. thanks

spec:
i7 2600k
psu corsair vs550
gpu gtx 1060 6gb
ups apc bx600

Solution
hi every one... I think I finally figure out the problem... today I just opened side panel of pc cabinet and left it open and tried to test the temperature of the processor by open itself... I found that the temperature is now around 45'c ... I think it happen due to low air circulation I think I need to add some extra fan or need to left the side panel open... thanks everyone who tried to help me.... I have learned some tech. from you... thanks

Desmond_A

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
60C degrees for that processor is perfectly fine, more details will be needed to troubleshoot the problem. It could be anything at this point. First things first check for malicious software problem, have you run antivirus scans and malware scans?

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

yes, now i run my antivirus and it says no virus, sypware or other risk were found..

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

but i bought this ups just 2 month back... how to find whether my ups working good or not

bazzingabear

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013

Even if your location's ambient temperature is on the higher side (it's hot where you live), 60 is quite high for an idle temperature; 40 would be more in the acceptable range.

Not sure which parts you upgraded, but I'd suggest starting with checking the stock fan to see if it's seated properly on the CPU. You may have to re-apply thermal paste on the CPU (between the processor and its fan) if the setup's a few years old. While you're at it, clean your case and the fans as well.

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

I upgraded my ups, psu, my mother board.. setup is not old I applied thermal paste just 5 months back... my processor showing 55 c every time... I am from india... usually here the climate will be hot..

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

ok I try.... but thermal paste was applied just befor 5 months.... thanks....

bazzingabear

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013

I'm from India as well, but that seriously is not an excuse for this temperature. My i5 started doing this a few months back as well, after I took it apart for a routine dusting. I had temperature alerting enabled in the BIOS, so the computer would start beeping randomly like crazy. I applied a fresh coat of TIM and had to re-seat the stock fan twice before it worked. Now, the temperature barely touches 40 when idle - this is with a broken stock fan that needs prompt replacing + a bit dusty & neglected chassis + a total of only one fan for exhaust, with none pulling in air. So again, re-seating the cooler (skip TIM if it's recent) is the only thing I'd recommend.

nvndvd

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
hi every one... I think I finally figure out the problem... today I just opened side panel of pc cabinet and left it open and tried to test the temperature of the processor by open itself... I found that the temperature is now around 45'c ... I think it happen due to low air circulation I think I need to add some extra fan or need to left the side panel open... thanks everyone who tried to help me.... I have learned some tech. from you... thanks

Solution