Do not allow microphone to ever go above 97%?

jannikn

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hello experts.

I love my microphone on my Sennheiser PC 363D. The problem is, at 100% volume, it sounds like trash, it's way too loud and when I speak just slightly above a normal speaking level, it sounds annoying and just plain bad.

The thing is, at 95% for example, I can barely hear the microphone, but at 97% it's absolutely perfect. A really nice mix between quality and being able to hear what I say while not being annoyed when I say it loudly.

Multiple times (Even though I have unchecked the box where applications can take exclusive control on my microphone) it goes up to 100% and all of my clips are completely ruined.

To sum this up: Can I download software or make some setting that always, no matter what, keeps my microphone either at 97% or at least never go above 97%?

jannikn

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

Well, it's not about that. I just don't ever want to allow the microphone to go above a certain level (97%), if it goes above this, the audio quality is poor.

Additionally, as I mentioned, 60% is not a possibility for me as something is causing my mic to behave weirdly. I cannot hear my microphone once I go below 90%. It's really really low at 90%.