DO NOT BUY GATEWAY PCs

Randomperson89

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I'm not trying to go rage mode or anything, but just letting you know, NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT FROM GATEWAY INC. They have taken down many products that have failed w/o compensation. For example, I bought an AIO PC from Gateway 6-7 years ago and 3 years after using it, the whole back of the PC melted. The reason why, the CPU overheated with a crummy heatsink. After removing the melted back of the PC, it worked sometimes, then I tried troubleshooting it. That failed. I didn't mess with anything, then the whole PC started smoking. Never buy from Gateway. If you want to know more, search up on Google, "Gateway AIO ZX Overheating". Even their laptops overheat.

4745454b

Titan
All companies have issues, what's your point? Corsair is considered one of the better companies out there, I've had to RMA something from them, only to have the RMA fail after an even shorter time. Gateway, Dell, HP, etc all have issues. Same with cars. Chevy, Ford, even the great Toyota has done recalls. No manufacturing process is perfect. Some lines may be worse than others so it makes sense to research it before you buy.

I'm not trying to go rage mode or anything

I think you failed there.

It`s one of the reasons why it is better to build your own system up from the ground Randomperson89.

Secondly your more likely to buy a pre built system where you are charged quiet a lot more money for the hardware the system contains.
And uses cheaper parts such as the Psu in the system, so gateway make the maximum amount of profit.
Where you would find if you took the money they were asking for a system pre built.

You can buy better hardware, ending up with a system far better than gateway charge you.

Just because a company is well known and branded, does not mean they will use high quality components to build the system.

In fact it`s mostly the exact opposite for company's selling pre built PC system ready to rock out of the box they come in.

You are always better building you own system because you will use better quality parts for it.

Randomperson89

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

This was the time when I started using PCs.

Randomperson89

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

So almost burning down my house is a good thing?

Randomperson89

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

Good point. I'm pretty sure they discontinued the laptop and AIO lines. They're only selling Desktop PCs.

Randomperson89

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015

They're still in business, just failing. Luckily they have Acer to support them on their failure.

4745454b

Titan
So almost burning down my house is a good thing?

Stuck pedals and bad airbags aren't any better. Your not the only person to have a near tragedy happen to them. I don't mean to say what happened is ok, or it should have happened. But you said you didn't want to rage and that's all you did? AIO PCs are famous for running hot due to the lack of cooling and I'd never own one. I'm sorry you didn't get that memo.

TRENDING THREADS