Do Not Ever Steal a Hacker's Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xurwin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
woah. sooo, hackers steal big money from big companies by pirating. then somebody steals their "baby" and look what they can do. it goes to show that those big companies can do nothing to hackers. tsk

Nice teachings. I use TeamViewer + DynDNS to protect my babies and editable network config xD!

But yeah, he got really lucky. If that computer were to be sold to another "knowable" person, he would've never gotten it back.

Cheers!

aeurix

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
The guy who stole his computer is a classic example of someone who applies for unemployment and welfare (as the new .pdf application forms on his desktop were proof).

While there was a little bit of revenge and vindication for this hacker, most people never see their computer again...

dgingeri

Distinguished
it gives me great ideas on how to protect my machine. keylogger controlled by me, remote viewing software...

(evil grin)

whoever steals my machine won't know what hit him.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
How did he know if this guy stole his machine or just bought it from someone? Also why show the pics of the girl? Also, why would a hacker use a Mac? All pretty weak in my opinion.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Even if the guy that the machine was recovered from wasn't the actual thief who gives a shit? Everyone from the original thief to I'm almost going to gaurentee the pawnshop owner who probably took said machine in are guilty of felonies ranging from posession of stolen property to B&E and receiving stolen property. I think it was pretty cool though that the guy was able to run all the software he did and piece it all together to get his machine back.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Jobs? Security? I don't think so.

As. For hackers using macs, its simple. They are lighter, have better screens and generally have the best battery life. That's all a hacker really cares about. If he wants to bootcamp he can, run linux? Sure!

Most hardcore it guys own macs purley because you can run the mac os easier than a hackintosh, and running everything else is easy as pie because linux and windows aren't picky about hardware like macs

G

Somehow I feel sorry for the thief. Even though he is a thief but to humiliate him like that is kinda sad in my opinion. At the least blur his faces on the pictures.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]znegval[/nom]I wonder how long will it take until someone talks crap about this awesome video simply because the guy owns a mac.[/citation]
I've never been too fond of Macs myself, but honestly I now have a lot more respect for the machines, even if I never buy one myself. This guy needs to be on the Mac commercials, not the actors portraying douchebags!

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
No real hacking being done, but still good to watch. If anything it's sort of moronic to be constantly running a VNC on your computer and have an open SSH port in case someone finds an exploit or gets your password and then you're the one that gets pwned by your own stuff.

G

[citation][nom]xurwin[/nom]woah. sooo, hackers steal big money from big companies by pirating. then somebody steals their "baby" and look what they can do. it goes to show that those big companies can do nothing to hackers. tsk[/citation]

not all hacker are digital pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.