Feb 16, 2019
So I've upgraded my entire PC to overpriced gaming products, and I have an ASUS RTX 2070 GPU, and it is extremely loud running games at 1440p 144hz which is concerning bceause I'm told that Asus has nice cold quiet cards, and I realized that I'm actually using this new GPU with the cords that came with my EVGA 660ti way back when.
Could this be giving the new GPU a hard time?

Solution
No, the PCIe cables from the PSU shouldn't have any impact on the fan speed.

If you installed the control software that was built specifically by the manufacturer to do that job, you select the Quiet fan option, and it has no effect then I would RMA the card.
Feb 16, 2019
No I'm talkin the cord that plugs in from your gpu to you power supply, not too familiar with the names of things yet
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2070 DirectX 12 ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

It's got 3 fans but no, the noise it's making is very unnecessarily loud, my friend has the same card and setup just his isn't loud as crap

Feb 16, 2019
You can use ASUS GPU Tweak II or MSI Afterburner to set custom fan curves or there should be 2 or 3 profiles, one of which will be quiet.
i've looked around and tried these things,
1, i really dont think i should have to, considering my friend has the same card and his isn't loud
2, i really dont want to
3, launching those programs feels like someone just sat me down in the cockpit of a plane and expects me to be able to fly it

No, the PCIe cables from the PSU shouldn't have any impact on the fan speed.

If you installed the control software that was built specifically by the manufacturer to do that job, you select the Quiet fan option, and it has no effect then I would RMA the card.

Reactions: willockevan
Solution