Do pc specs impact torrent downloading speed?

jermoarensman

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014
I don't have a lot of experience with downloading pirated films and other files and i only use my game pc for gaming. My dad asked me if i could download some films for him because i have a "fast computer".
I thought that he was just to lazy / didn't know how to do it himself and told him that he could do it on his own not high end but capable enough laptop that uses the same network.

So my question is: Does torrent download speed only depend on internet speed or does your pc matter?

Solution
Your hard drive speed can change the speed in which downloaded material is written to the hard drive, but most hard drives read/write faster then most download speeds. I do not agree with piracy, so i suggest you could go buy / rent the movies from a store, online or an actual video store, and that way you will not run into any troubles :)

Edit: If you are both on the same network, you will both download the material at the exact same speed

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Your hard drive speed can change the speed in which downloaded material is written to the hard drive, but most hard drives read/write faster then most download speeds. I do not agree with piracy, so i suggest you could go buy / rent the movies from a store, online or an actual video store, and that way you will not run into any troubles :)

Edit: If you are both on the same network, you will both download the material at the exact same speed

Solution

jermoarensman

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

Thx, thats all i wanted to know. I agree with you on piracy and I dont do piracy myself as i watch all series/movies on netflix or tv.
I will tell my dad that there is no practical reason why i should download material for him and since he has a hard enough time logging into his email he probably will end up renting the movies he wants to see. He just doesn't really get what piracy is/does.

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015

Ok, Glad i could help :) Enjoy your movies!