[SOLVED] Do shutting down while downloading corrupt file?

Arwinpradiptan

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hi there, Yesterday, I downloaded Cent OS.
It was very heavy around 7Gb.
So, i left it downloading for night. But, i set my pc to shut down after 4 hour.
I think the download will finish. But, it doesn't.
The speed is 1Mb/s. But, After i boot up and checked it still downloading at 200Kb/s.
I use Free Download Manager. https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
Will it corrupt the file?
Thanks!

Solution
A shutdown should cleanly close files. Download managers are designed to resume download after a outage. Generally they are designed to protect the file from any corruption. It would be more you suddenly lost power that causes corruption. Even that tends to not cause much issues. Units like SSD and hard drives tend to be able to run for a small fraction of a second after they lose external power so they can complete what they are doing.
A shutdown should cleanly close files. Download managers are designed to resume download after a outage. Generally they are designed to protect the file from any corruption. It would be more you suddenly lost power that causes corruption. Even that tends to not cause much issues. Units like SSD and hard drives tend to be able to run for a small fraction of a second after they lose external power so they can complete what they are doing.

Solution