Question do the 10 and 20 series use the same drivers?

Jul 19, 2019
when swapping my 1060 to 2060 the 2060 got auto detected in msi after burner and gpu z without installing any new drivers over it. do i need to install new drivers or is this fine?

You better use DDU (search it in google removes all the gpu drivers) program and do a clean install of the new drivers just to make sure you want experience any problem or fps loss. And yes ofc you have to install the rtx 2060 drivers you cant use the 1060 ones.

Jul 19, 2019
You better use DDU (search it in google removes all the gpu drivers) program and do a clean install of the new drivers just to make sure you want experience any problem or fps loss. And yes ofc you have to install the rtx 2060 drivers you cant use the 1060 ones.
i would if windows allowed me to. everything is up to date and it says my windows is not supporting the drivers. it says use nvidia experience instead, but i used it and did check for updates and it says i have the latest drivers. (windows 1903)

i would if windows allowed me to. everything is up to date and it says my windows is not supporting the drivers. it says use nvidia experience instead, but i used it and did check for updates and it says i have the latest drivers. (windows 1903)
Windows 10 1903 have many problems i installed this version once and i forced to go back to 1809 again had the same problem with drivers. Try uninstall the drivers with ddu and maybe the windows will download the latest one that can find for 2060 after the boot.

Jul 19, 2019
Windows 10 1903 have many problems i installed this version once and i forced to go back to 1809 again had the same problem with drivers. Try uninstall the drivers with ddu and maybe the windows will download the latest one that can find for 2060 after the boot.
the thing is. it worked fine 2 days ago

Jul 19, 2019
also i actually forgot to mention i had the 2060 installed first and i used ddu to install the drivers clean. but, someone wanted to see if the 1060 worked fine so i put the 1060 in and it detected without any drivers and i couldn't install the 1060 drivers so i just showed how games work on the 1060 without the drivers since it detected it just fine and then i put the 2060 back so it does have 2060 drivers installed basically, but i wanted to make sure and install 2060 drivers again just in case over them with the clean install option