Question Do the CX-M PSUs have compatible cables

Jan 14, 2020
For context I have a CX550M but only with the 24 pin and 8 pin which come attached. I can’t seem to find cables from the CX550M on eBay but I can find cables for the CX850M and CX750M. Will the cables be compatible for the CX550m? On reddit I was told I should look at a pin out and I think I found what I was meant to be looking for and according to it a lot of the Corsair PSUs

have compatible cables or am I missing something?

For context I have a CX550M but only with the 24 pin and 8 pin which come attached. I can’t seem to find cables from the CX550M on eBay but I can find cables for the CX850M and CX750M. Will the cables be compatible for the CX550m? On reddit I was told I should look at a pin out and I think I found what I was meant to be looking for and according to it a lot of the Corsair PSUs

have compatible cables or am I missing something?

You can use either Corsair Type 3 or Type 4 cables with a CX-M.

According to Corsair, only the Type 4-PCI-e are interchangeable with the Corsair CXm PSU's. It's probably best just to get the CX550M cables, to prevent damage.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

No. According to Corsair's site Type 3 AND Type 4 are compatible. You didn't notice that there's a "dot" on both rows?

The only difference between Type 3 and Type 4 is the 24-pin. Which is fixed on the CX-M so it doesn't matter.

The Type 4 24-pin has additional sense wires, so instead of a 14+10 cable that plugs into the PSU, you have a 18+10.

mangaman

Honorable
You can use either Corsair Type 3 or Type 4 cables with a CX-M.

No. According to Corsair's site Type 3 AND Type 4 are compatible. You didn't notice that there's a "dot" on both rows?

The only difference between Type 3 and Type 4 is the 24-pin. Which is fixed on the CX-M so it doesn't matter.

The Type 4 24-pin has additional sense wires, so instead of a 14+10 cable that plugs into the PSU, you have a 18+10.

He wants a modular cable. Type 3 isn't modular, it's fixed. He is looking for cables that are modular, as his CXm did not come with it. The black dot is fixed, the orange dot is type 4 modular. The CXm chart only has one orange and four black.

He wants a modular cable. Type 3 isn't modular, it's fixed. He is looking for cables that are modular, as his CXm did not come with it. The black dot is fixed, the orange dot is type 4 modular. The CXm chart only has one orange and four black.

All "Type" cables are modular. There's no reason to define a fixed cable with a "type" because it's fixed.

You don't know the product, so I would stop speculating.

Only the 24-pin and EPS12V is fixed. All of the modular cables are compatible with EITHER Type 3 or Type 4. PERIOD. End of story. Stop arguing.