Do this before posting for help with GPU performance issues.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
*Not sure how to make this a sticky, but if someone can or even make a similar post and sticky it, that would be great.*

I see tons of post that can be solved much sooner if these things were done before posting.

You want to run a program in the background that monitors everything going on with the gpu and rest of the system. You will see things like GPU / CPU usage and temps, fps, fan speed, power, ram / page file usage, GPU clock & memory speeds, etc.. I prefer MSI Afterburner, but you can use anything similar. I've only used this for years so maybe someone can list other good options.

Let's say you purchased a new GPU and start up game X only to have a lot of fps dips. Playing the game with this open in the background will allow you to open it up afterwards and view everything on a simple graph. You can see what else is happening when you get these dips. Maybe the cpu usage goes from 70% to 100%, the power goes down very low or the temps are high and the clock speeds drop.

In that example we can look into possible cpu bottleneck, power supply and cooling. Perhaps it's something else, but it's a much better starting point than saying "HELP, GPU is not working right" with no important details other than the specs.

It won't hurt anything to just let this run whenever the computer is on.

*Anything else to add, post below and I can edit into the post*