Do USB Headsets Depend on Audio Controlllers or Audio Hardware Failure?

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Hello everybody, recently my audio went down. After researching, trying all possible fixes and based on the device manager i concluded my motherboard audio related hardware died also audio controllers seem dead. Also it seems all the the 2.0 usb inputs died only the 3.0 are working. But NVM i already assume it but before making a new budget for a new computer I want try to overcome this issue.

The main question is, even thought i am having audio controller problems and audio hardware failure... If i buy an USB headset (audio and microphone), will it work if my usb 3.0 inputs and currently connected peripherals are working perfectly?

Solution
It should. Just like a USB video "card", the audio should use it's own drivers and what not. If you just want some cheap sound to keep this machine going until you can replace it it's a good way to go.

Sounds like your board had something bad happen to it. Might want to replace your PSU with everything else. It could just be a really old board with a cap that went.

4745454b

Titan
It should. Just like a USB video "card", the audio should use it's own drivers and what not. If you just want some cheap sound to keep this machine going until you can replace it it's a good way to go.

Sounds like your board had something bad happen to it. Might want to replace your PSU with everything else. It could just be a really old board with a cap that went.

Solution

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Thanks just the answer i was looking for, i tried plugging in different headsets and stereo sound systems i had around and it seems it wont be recognized. After doing the troubleshooting i assume is hardware related. So ill go on amazon and buy a usb 3 extender to get more usb ports and an usb headset until i can get a new computer.