[SOLVED] Do Windows 7 OEM Discs need a product key to be activated?

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
If I had a computer that I wanted to install or upgrade to Windows 7, could I use an OEM disc (such as this) to get Windows installed and activated? I have a feeling this is not the case, so would there be any other good ways to get Windows 7 (not Windows 10, I'm going for budget) activated without buying a sketchy $5 ebay key?

Thanks.

Solution
If I had a computer that I wanted to install or upgrade to Windows 7, could I use an OEM disc (such as this) to get Windows installed and activated? I have a feeling this is not the case, so would there be any other good ways to get Windows 7 (not Windows 10, I'm going for budget) activated without buying a sketchy $5 ebay key?

Thanks.
That is a Recovery disk. Has nothing to do with a license key, nor does it include one.

There is no "budget" difference between a valid Windows 7 license and a valid Windows 10 license.
(and all support for WIn 7 runs out in 102 days)

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks.
That is a Recovery disk. Has nothing to do with a license key, nor does it include one.

There is no "budget" difference between a valid Windows 7 license and a valid Windows 10 license.

Solution

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019

Alright thanks. So the only way to get a legit Windows key is to pay ~ $100?