do you capture the whole DV tape in one big file or many s..

do you capture the whole DV tape in one big file or many small
files?

"cindy" wrote ...
> do you capture the whole DV tape in one big file
> or many small files?

No generic answer. Depends on too many things.

It would help if you explained what you are doing,
what equipment/software you are using. Why you
are asking the question.

Rich

"cindy" <cindy@callme.com> wrote in message
> do you capture the whole DV tape in one big file or many small
> files?

I capture the entire DV tape into one file.

Rich

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:34:43 -0700, cindy <cindy@callme.com> wrote:

>do you capture the whole DV tape in one big file or many small
>files?

Usually, one big file. Between various tools to automatically split
it into scenes and my own manual editing, this works well. Disk space
isn't an issue, and the CPU is fast enough that a 12 or even 20 gig
file isn't a hassle to handle.

OTOH -- many small files is a better choice if you want to use the
clips separately in many projects. Batch capture/recapture can also
sometimes be easier to do this way, especially if you know that most
of the tape is going to be tossed out of the edit. Why capture stuff
you don't plan to use?