Discussion Do you guys like Scotty Kilmer's content?

mangaman

Honorable
As always, it's good to be polite and respectful. No name calling or harsh comments.

With that being said, you guys like Kilmer's content? I used to watch his content for a little bit, until I got really tired of the click bait titles and him name calling people. Some of his content is very informative, such as the "how much ethanol is in your fuel" and the "How to tell if your head gasket is blown" video. While at other times he never gives a straight answer, such as the "Never carbon clean your engine".

Personally, I don't watch his videos anymore, as more professional car mechanics have been getting popular on YouTube such as EricTheCarGuy and The Car Wizard. Plus they don't scream in my face throughout the video.

Do you guys watch Kilmer's videos, or do you watch someone else? As always, please keep it civil.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I only have a passing interest in cars and don't watch too much car based content.
That being said, Scotty Kilmer has always driven me crazy. I've watched a handful, as he was the more 'reputable' YTer covering whichever topic I was looking at at the time.

Between the screaming & the clickbait titles, he's just not someone I find entertaining.

The only car-type YTer I watch with any sort of regularity is ChrisFix. Can't say I find him particularly entertaining either, but I find him much more informative without being yelled at or (particularly) clickbaited in.

Reactions: xrafael95x

mangaman

Honorable
I only have a passing interest in cars and don't watch too much car based content.
That being said, Scotty Kilmer has always driven me crazy. I've watched a handful, as he was the more 'reputable' YTer covering whichever topic I was looking at at the time.

Between the screaming & the clickbait titles, he's just not someone I find entertaining.

The only car-type YTer I watch with any sort of regularity is ChrisFix. Can't say I find him particularly entertaining either, but I find him much more informative without being yelled at or (particularly) clickbaited in.

ChrisFix is quite informative. I do like his basic repair videos, such as the radiator flushing tutorial.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
If you have a Toyota (corrola or better yet celica from the 90's early 2000's) and want to feel better about your car, then watch all Scotty's videos for bossting self esteem.

Ralston18

Titan
Very much avoid any "celebrity" given to name calling, screaming/click-baiting, etc..

Media does not matter.

Unfortunately the trends are against me.... Watching less and less.

And the "celebrities" make more and more.

Just overall saddening. :(