Do you guys like to use low/high sensitivity in FPS games and why?

Solution
I actually didnt think this was subjective at all lol. high sensitivity is better . unless im thinking dpi/sensitivity are different?

I always start with low sensitivity as im learning, but then i raise the sensitivity as much as i can. Players that can handle the higher sensitivity have the edge for what okcnaline said. someone maxed can do a full 360 by moving the mouse .5 inches in lets say .1 seconds. a player set lower may need a full inch and .2 seconds to complete the full turn.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
I actually didnt think this was subjective at all lol. high sensitivity is better . unless im thinking dpi/sensitivity are different?

I always start with low sensitivity as im learning, but then i raise the sensitivity as much as i can. Players that can handle the higher sensitivity have the edge for what okcnaline said. someone maxed can do a full 360 by moving the mouse .5 inches in lets say .1 seconds. a player set lower may need a full inch and .2 seconds to complete the full turn.

Solution

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015

How would low sensitivity be useful? if you cant aim properly with higher sensitivity, id imagine the solution would be to practice until you are. barring medical conditions or lack of hand eye coordination... i cant think of a reason low would be better

Personally I just use a mouse, Logitech G502, that has a button to adjust the DPI on the fly. High is great for anything you need fast movement but the higher you go the less precision you have. I don't care if you train yourself for it, its pure physics you move the physical mouse .1 inch the higher DPI moves the cursor further so you lose precision.