Do you guys think my laptop is done for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Okay well basically i have an HP dv6tse 3000 series, It's last years edition and well it runs a ATI Radeon 5470 and intel i5 450m.

The first 6-7 months it ran perfectly fine, i didn't really clean the fans or anything that whole period of time untill it overheated and started crashing and had heat issues. Got it fixed, WIFI broke, then my Keyboard broke and it still pops out of place now, then the harddrive fried and had to get that changed. Now it is overheating again... So what should i do? HP Keeps on failing to fix it... It runs REALLY REALLY REALLY Hot. I can feel it burn my hand, And the fan never cools down after doing "some" power consuming things.

Do you think it's a dead motherboard and done for? And i can't really mod my PC because the keyboard design is IMPOSSIBLE to take off and on.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

Well to me this just sounds like classic HP style :lol: , You could replace the M/B yourself but that doesn't guarantee that you won't have future heat problems and whatever warranty that you have left will be null and void. Sounds like a similar to the problem that I had with my hp dv6327cl, Nvidia eventually got sued because the overheating problem was frying so many peoples motherboards. I replaced the M/B prior to Nvidia getting sued and from then on just keep my laptop on a hard surface and always shut it down when not in use. I just got a new kinda crappy laptop as a replacement in accordance with settlement (search toms or google for: Nvidia GPU settlement, if you want more info). I'm selling off this POS so I can finish my next build. Could it be that they've just made the same mistake twice by again not providing adequate cooling and then denying that it is the root of the problem by just putting in a new M/B with the exact same fault. Nvidia, HP, Dell, and Apple still all deny that there products had any design flaw although there were 1000's of customers that experienced the same issue.

In my opinion HP has just made another worthless product with the same problem they had before. If your computer is dead be sure to hang onto it just in case HP gets sued over this, could be years down the road but if you don't have the computer anymore when they do get sued you will have nothing to gain from any settlement.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I know he has an AMD chipset but that doesn't mean HP didn't make the same mistake as they did in the past. If you consider the fact that they still think there was nothing wrong with all the older laptops with overheating problems.

G

I've tried to clean the fan, but not the heatsink, i need to remove many parts on my laptop to get to it and i don't want to void the warranty otherwise i would. And putting apart modern laptops aren't so easy so i'll probably screw it up.

I can get a full refund using this extra warranty thing i have not from HP. Should i do it? It's like $850 Refund, I'm thinking of then building a gaming pc and buying a 12 inch laptop or something for traveling! Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.