[SOLVED] Do you guys think that this computer would be price worthy?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you like the looks of the watercooler go for it,but don't expect it to do better than a decent "low" priced aircooler. Some options,
Thermalright - Macho Direct 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler vs. Cooler Master - Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler vs. Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler vs. ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler - PCPartPicker
the EVO Black is already a very good cooler for that price. Put the RGB version in since it seems you like that.
Also with a watercooler realize it has to go into the front.

For a psu would a good 550watt already be fine,but if you insist on a 650watt would this be good and cheaper,
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1
some good 550watt,
Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply vs. SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply vs. Antec - Earthwatts Gold Pro 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - PCPartPicker
cheaper ones are good,the Focus Plus is better and fully modular.

Also when using that case add a 120mm fan for the back if you don't have one at home.

Reactions: theawsomeguy42
Sep 13, 2018
Thank you guys! lots of good ideas!
I changed up some things in the build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rJn2P3
Any thoughts?
Yeah I know the watercooling may be unnecessary but. it looks cool am i right
I really like how the NZXT s340 elite looks with the tempered glass panel that covers the whole side of the pc
And the reason for a 650w is mostly just for future proofing

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Why suddenly that 650watt VS? Which is just not that good.Think i'd rather look for these,
Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply vs. SeaSonic - S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply vs. SeaSonic - S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - PCPartPicker
all at least a 5 year warranty instead of the 3 years on that VS.You really don't need 650watt btw,just included it because you seem to care.

And looking at "future proofing" will parts usually use less than more wattage for the same performance.

For a good price 650watts,
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/n4...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020175-na

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Aagain a VS which is not that good,why suddenly cheap out on the psu?

It's mainly just planning ahead and just to make a decent rtx build. {/quote]
not what you want a VS series in.Esepcially if for not that much more you just will have better quality. Take the Cooler Master EVO Black cooler and ditch the watercooler if you don't have the money.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I get you want to create your own build,but you make just make some odd choices imo. It wil be your pc so that's up to you,but spending over $60 on two extra led fans when you could just put one in the back would give you extra money for a better psu. The CXM isn't that bad,but imo is it worth to spend more on a psu if possible. Theat case you chose already come with two fans (1xback/1xtop) which should do fine for airflow with the cooler as intake at the front.

Realize that the cooler fans and the Corsair led fans wil look quite different in the way the led's give light.Might want to compare them via a video review.