Do you know if i can replace the graphics card for this

Wendeng

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Solution
umm, you can probly find an exact replacement, but i would just get a cheap modern card like 6670 or 6770, or for a little more money 750Ti.

Wendeng

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
i plug in my other monitor and it doesnt turn on or im plugging it in wrong and i think it is from the graphics card because i tried to reinstall windows 7 and it gets stuc kin starting windows 7 so it cant even install windows 7
and the replacement costs 60$

You can find the same Nvidia card, like this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038J092O
However, it's totally not worth the money, the performance of that card probably worth like $20. I'm just saying that you can either spend lesser or get a stronger card with $90.

Other than that, I think we need to make sure that it's actually a video card issue. I'm suspecting the RAM to be a possibility. Try running Memtest86+ with only one stick of RAM.

Wendeng

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
So how would i check if my ram is bad, but im pretty sure it's the video card because a few months ago like 80% of the screen turned into green pixels and that was probably a sign of the video card going bad
and
@Dan is the HD 6670 compatible with the desktop?

and thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it

Memtest86+ doesn't require Windows, you just need to have access to another PC since your current one isn't working.
Use another PC, google Memtest86+, download it, put it on a USB, boot the USB on the PC with problem, let it run with only 1 stick for like 12 hours and see how it goes.

It could well be the GPU, but I just want to make sure before you spend money on the wrong thing.

Wendeng

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

ok ill try that when i have the time because 12 hours is a long time and if it isnt the GPU then i can just return it
i appreciate your help thanks