[SOLVED] Do you know what this laptop is?

ThatTonybo

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I've recently stumbled on a laptop from a garage sale that I bought quite quickly. A bit of effort later and I have it running, but I've got no idea what it even is.

Looked on the back, I found a sticker mentioning it's an MSI MegaBook, model VR321X. Went googling but found barely any results, none being English.

Other than that, there's a brandless ORMAct windows sticker for Vista Home Basic, WiFi safety sticker.

The keyboard has a VIA C7+M processor sticker, which i can confirm as it's processor through Windows.

I've attached some pictures to try help.

So, any of you have ideas on what this is? I don't mind if I never know as it's a cool laptop, but I'd love to know.

Thanks!

View: https://imgur.com/a/R1RiMQI

ThatTonybo

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
No idea what the difference of X is.
But that old and cheesy, it really doesn't make a difference.

SO now you have a 12 year old laptop, that was slow/crappy when it was new, with no battery.
What will you do with it?
Gotcha, and no need to sound snotty about it. Honestly I can live without a good battery as it lasts ~an hour, and really I bought it just for fun as it's a very cool laptop for me personally (having the green indicator lights and such) so it might just be something for the shelf.

Appreciate the help.

Reactions: z0ove

USAFRet

Titan
Gotcha, and no need to sound snotty about it. Honestly I can live without a good battery as it lasts ~an hour, and really I bought it just for fun as it's a very cool laptop for me personally (having the green indicator lights and such) so it might just be something for the shelf.

Appreciate the help.
Wasn't being snotty...just honestly curious about your usage of an old device like that.

ThatTonybo

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
How's the performance so far as the laptop you're talking about is bit old and I wonder that software you are using on it are working fine or not, I also have dell precision and thinking to sell it after reading your post lol
It's running a 1.6ghz processor and 3GB ram, I've got Vista on it right now and it handles most things fine, though it is older hardware so you have to expect a certain limit. I think I bought it more for looks though as it generally looks good to me, but it does run fine, turns on in about 9-10 seconds if it matters.

Wasn't being snotty...just honestly curious about your usage of an old device like that.
Gotchat, and really it's just more just for the looks, I just like it and it was cheap so it isn't a loss.