do you know what this processor is?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I cant take the heatsink off my processor as the clip is tricky and am
trying to find out the make and speed.
The only thing I noticed is that around the processor area is white/cream
coloured plastic. I recall this as being part of the processor and not the
heatsink.
I know these details are extremely vague, I apologise, but I cannot tell any
other details. I am just hoping someone might recall a processor surrounded
by white plastic that was around about 4-5 years ago.

steveh

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
>I cant take the heatsink off my processor as the clip is tricky and am
>trying to find out the make and speed.
> The only thing I noticed is that around the processor area is white/cream
> coloured plastic. I recall this as being part of the processor and not
> the heatsink.
> I know these details are extremely vague, I apologise, but I cannot tell
> any other details. I am just hoping someone might recall a processor
> surrounded by white plastic that was around about 4-5 years ago.
Hi,

If you download and install Everest Home edition from here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1
It will tell you nearly everything you could ever want to know about your PC

HTH
SteveH

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"SteveH" <steve.hough@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Beck" <my_bulkmail@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>I cant take the heatsink off my processor as the clip is tricky and am
>>trying to find out the make and speed.
>> The only thing I noticed is that around the processor area is white/cream
>> coloured plastic. I recall this as being part of the processor and not
>> the heatsink.
>> I know these details are extremely vague, I apologise, but I cannot tell
>> any other details. I am just hoping someone might recall a processor
>> surrounded by white plastic that was around about 4-5 years ago.
> Hi,
>
> If you download and install Everest Home edition from here:
> http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1
> It will tell you nearly everything you could ever want to know about your
> PC

Thanks, but the pc with the processor does not have a hard drive. I was
hoping to find out the processor before I installed the hard drive.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Matt" <matt@themattfella.zzzz.com> wrote in message
> Beck wrote:
>> "SteveH" <steve.hough@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Beck" <my_bulkmail@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>If you download and install Everest Home edition from here:
>>>http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1
>>>It will tell you nearly everything you could ever want to know about your
>>>PC
>>

>> Thanks, but the pc with the processor does not have a hard drive. I was
>> hoping to find out the processor before I installed the hard drive.
>
> Can't you get the information from the BIOS?
>
> I believe AMD makes a CPU ID utility that fits on a floppy. I guess that
> would work if it's an AMD chip. See their website.

Went through with the processor change and it turned out to be only 500mhz
amd. Gutted to say the least