• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Do you need a mouse pad for a laser mouse?

baskinghobo

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I know alot of gamers use mouse pads to improve there performance and i am a gamer too but do you really need a mouse pad for a laser mouse like is it going to improve your gaming or is the improvement so minimal it's better off not buying a mouse pad.

mi1ez

Splendid
You don't need one. it depends on the quality of mouse and surface of the desk. My mouse is happy enough straight on the desk at home but I use my work mouse on a sheet of paper as it's a cheapo dell.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
My G5 works just fine on desk. But I wish I had bought mousepad because desk surface under mose is really worn now. Well to late so still using on desk and not looking for mousepad. Maybe when I get new desk I will also get mousepad.