[SOLVED] Do you need to update your laptop GPU firmware ?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I just check Asus site for my laptop https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DD-DT-DU/HelpDesk_Download/ . And i notice there is hotfix for my GPU firmware.
I start to thinking do i need to upgrade my gpu firmware or it is even necessary ?
Is there a way i can check my GPU Firmware version ?
aCIvOKA.png

Solution
Updating firmware is not a compulsion, but laptops are slightly different from Desktop PCs. You might need to update your firmware, BIOS and chipset drivers, if you are currently facing any performance/stability issues, or otehrwise.

Some of the newer versions also pack a lot of fixes as well. Use any software utility to check the current version of firmware/BIOS, and other related drivers, installed on this laptop.

Use SPECCY, Or HWInfo.
Updating firmware is not a compulsion, but laptops are slightly different from Desktop PCs. You might need to update your firmware, BIOS and chipset drivers, if you are currently facing any performance/stability issues, or otehrwise.

Some of the newer versions also pack a lot of fixes as well. Use any software utility to check the current version of firmware/BIOS, and other related drivers, installed on this laptop.

Use SPECCY, Or HWInfo.

Solution