Do you think 8ms monitor bad for gaming ?

Randa Ranoosh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I want to buy 27inch ips monitor dell u2715h the input lag for this monitor according to tftecentral is 10 to 12 ms which as they said is ok for gaming but according to sell it has gtg of 8ms respond time . I use my PC for gaming like the witcher 3 battlefield 4 pubg but also photoshop and after effects Netflix etc with 8ms do you think it is bad ? I'm now gaming on my 22 inch 1050p Xerox xm7 22w made from 2007 but it has respond time of 5 I think and the dell ips has 8ms so do you think the sell will be worse ?

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
You're not a professional gamer so it's fine. The response time will make very little difference in games if you even notice it at all. On the other hand, if you bought a TN panel, you'd very quickly notice the disparity in color, image quality, and viewing angles.

It's completely fine for your use case. The only time anything <5ms is good is when you're playing super-fast twitch reaction games like CS:GO and the like at the highest level. It's not really applicable anywhere else.