[SOLVED] do you think it is good to have the 2 fans of the CPU cooler (Be quiet dark rock pro 4) always at maximum?

Solution
in fact I could not understand if the motherboard has only PIN CPU fans or even cha fans.
However the model in question is this: Asus prime z690-p wifi (ddr4) if you could give me more information about the PINs I would be much more "calm". thanks for your time
Motherboards don't usually have fans. Modern boards are usually passive cooled (Exception could be some older boards with active chipset cooling).
There are fan headers on motherboard. Each header has either 3 pins or 4 pins. On modern boards all fan headers are 4 pin.

what-is-the-difference-between-three-and-four-wire-cpu-fans-02.jpg

1olzjBc.jpeg

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
I apologize if I have not explained myself, the reason for not using the fan curve to manage them is 1: i.e. I have 7 fans in all, my mobo 5 PIN CPU fan, so I thought about putting on one of the 5 PIN one splitter and connect 3 fans to the splitter. now it seems to me that the fans connected to the splitter always go to maximum, right? However at this point I ask you 2 things: 1 if I had to choose 3 fans that go to the maximum would it be the 2 of the CPU heatsink or the others? 2 can I connect these 2 extra fans somewhere else? (eg power supply)

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
OP is a bit confused here. By "mobo 5 PIN CPU fan" he means the mobo has five fan headers in total, and has not quite recognized the distinction between CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN headers.

OP, see your other thread for some comments and request for further details. Also, you are wrong about speed control with Splitters. You CAN control speed that way as long as you do not mix 3-pin and 4-pin fan types on one header. When you can post more details we can give precise advice so that ALL of your fans can be controlled properly.

Reactions: Grealish01

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
OP is a bit confused here. By "mobo 5 PIN CPU fan" he means the mobo has five fan headers in total, and has not quite recognized the distinction between CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN headers.

OP, see your other thread for some comments and request for further details. Also, you are wrong about speed control with Splitters. You CAN control speed that way as long as you do not mix 3-pin and 4-pin fan types on one header. When you can post more details we can give precise advice so that ALL of your fans can be controlled properly.
in fact I could not understand if the motherboard has only PIN CPU fans or even cha fans. However the model in question is this: Asus prime z690-p wifi (ddr4) if you could give me more information about the PINs I would be much more "calm". thanks for your time

in fact I could not understand if the motherboard has only PIN CPU fans or even cha fans.
However the model in question is this: Asus prime z690-p wifi (ddr4) if you could give me more information about the PINs I would be much more "calm". thanks for your time
Motherboards don't usually have fans. Modern boards are usually passive cooled (Exception could be some older boards with active chipset cooling).
There are fan headers on motherboard. Each header has either 3 pins or 4 pins. On modern boards all fan headers are 4 pin.

what-is-the-difference-between-three-and-four-wire-cpu-fans-02.jpg

1olzjBc.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Grealish01
Solution