Do you think the upgrade is worth it?

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

A couple of months ago I built myself a new gaming PC and due to my low budget I was forced to get ASUS H310 Plus, which isn't exactly that great of a motherboard.

Now this motherboard only has two slots of ram and only 4 usb ports, and it's limited one would say in other areas too, now yes I don't think I'll ever need more than 16GB of ram or more than 3 usb ports since I rarely use them anyway except for my mouse and keyboard. However now that I've got the budget for it, do you think I should make the upgrade and get a decent motherboard? Say a gaming motherboard maybe? Will this help stabilize gaming performance or is it just a waste of money and not really worth it?

Current mobo: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-H310-PLUS/overview/

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Well not stability issues per se, but more like better NIC and better onboard audio and stuff like that, and yeah I don't plan to OC, and I don't own a K series cpu.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Ah... I see. Yes, but only you can determine how important those features are to you depending on the board you decide to replace it with.
As to the RAM situation, that board accepts up to 32GB RAM. That shouldn't be a limitation if 16GB is fine for you now.
On the other hand, I would never want to be the one to dissuade someone from upgrading their board considering as many as I myself have gone thru. That would be hypocritical on my part. Are you mainly a gamer?

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

I mean yes, those features are very desirable for a gamer, but I wouldn't say they justify a motherboard upgrade to be honest with you.

Yeah you're right the RAM isn't an issue at all and I don't think I've ever used more than 9GB of RAM to date, and yes you could say that I'm mainly a gamer.