Do you want a Mac/OSX forum?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Do you want a Mac/OSX forum?

• Yes

Votes: 89 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 41.4%

• Total voters

tanderskey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009

well Wildwell ...
i wouldnt expect any network lag at all because the "client" software sitting on windows machine should just be "pulling levers" across the network and letting the server do all of the heavy lifting using server processors and server disks. so there should be no dragging of any HD files across any network connections. i'd expect the Final Cut Windows client would essentially be x-windowing into a slice of the xserve.

i should also say ... i actually havent used the Windows part of this Apple solution. but i'd be very surprised if an apple cross-platform video editing solution was architected to pull files across the network from server to client, edit them there, then push the committed file back to server. that sounds more like Windows architecture to me. (yeah. zing. big whup.)

anyway ... if you have a good vendor relationship in place already (we use CDW) they should be able to get you an evaluation XServe solution to test completely free.

cheers on that!

Parsifal57

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

I guess you're either having a bad day or have no sense of humor, to take this post seriously negates any valid points you make in your post to me.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dig this back from the depths, but why are you a moderator? Hopefully you are no longer associated with Tom's. Ignorance is not bliss, and you've consistantly demonstrated that.

You know you just quoted something from last year right. :p