Do you want to exit samsung magician now

billyboy999

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Does anyone else have this message randomly pop up? Samsung Magician automatically starts up on system boot, which is fine. Then, after about 3 days of system uptime, this message will pop up. I'd like for it to not pop up, and have Samsung Magician keep running. Magician is not causing any issues on my system otherwise.

BH80

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
I have the same issue. Samsung Magician just pops up and asked "do you want to exit samsung magician now". No idea why....

TJohn

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
I have Win 7 pro and an EVO850 120G. I get the same pop up. Doesn't seem to harm anything and I have not identified a pattern. Maybe once a month...

Lucaypmd

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I also have the same issue and I am not sure I understand your reply.

I thought that Magician is supposed to keep running al the time. In my case, this seems necessary also to keep RAPID in place. Am I mistaken? Stopping Magician and removing it from the startup folder will not cause any problem whatsoever?

Ubear

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015

There is no Magician icon in my system tray. I have disabled Samsung Magician via msconfig after using it to start Samsung RAPID mode, which runs as a separate service. But the "Do you want to exit Samsung Magician now?" dialog continues to pop up now and then, maybe about 3 days of system uptime, as billyboy999 originally noted. Does anyone know how to stop the pop-up while Samsung Magician is not even running?

Ubear

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015

Thanks! I saw that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung Magician\Samsung Magician.exe" with /AUTOHIDE was scheduled to run at the log on of any user. It's now disabled.

Mummraah

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Go to Task Scheduler and select SamsungMagician, in the settings tab untick 'stop the task if it runs longer than (3 days)'

Problem solved

quicksterdnb

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015

Thanks. This solved it for me.

lokeshclr

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Solved it for me too