Do you worry about technology addiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamyJ

Reputable
Jan 26, 2017
Internet, gaming, phones, etc. Do you think there's too much technology addiction these days? How do you limit your time online?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not tempted to buy anything I don't need. I don't see my role in life as a consumer to buy stuff just because it exists. I only buy what I need and try not to look at things I might want but can't afford.

Most people need to break free

I am online all the time, having lived before the internet I am not throwing away what it could be just because it never lived up to its promises.

Mar 29, 2021
cactile.carrd.co
It's something I'd like to contribute effort into doing, I think finding a non-computer hobby is great for everyone but my choices are limited at the moment due to COVID-19 :/

Endre

Reputable
Internet, gaming, phones, etc. Do you think there's too much technology addiction these days? How do you limit your time online?

I think that, to some degree, we’re all addicted to technology.
Is that bad?
Well, if technology replaces real friendships and real interactions with people, then yes, it is.
Balance is everything!
Knowing when to stop spending money on gadgets that we don’t really need.
Taking time to build solid relationships with God and people is key!

Other than that, I think that technology is a blessing!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Isn't everything we have ever invented Technology? At some stage stronger clubs were classified as technology. So yes, I am addicted to technology but only as walking around naked is frowned on by most societies :)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Is there too much addiction to tech? Absolutely! I see it most every day when I see someone driving with a cell phone in hand.

Personally, I'm a PC addict as I spend most of my free time online with you good folk and some gaming on the side. Aside from the upfront cost of building a moderate gaming PC, it's a relatively inexpensive hobby (about $75/month for me). Other hobbies I have could cost that much in a single day or two.

Should I have more in-person contact with the outside world? Probably, but as long as it's not hurting you and it's not hurting me, it's my choice.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Nemesia
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS