DOA Motherboard, Dying PSU, or Dying Graphics Card?

white_lightning

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys,
So a few weeks ago I upgraded my first PC build. I know, monumental moment for my rookie self. Except it isn't as smooth as I thought it would be. I had major issues through the process and I am completely out of ideas on what to do here.

In this build I upgraded the CPU, RAM, and Mobo. Before these upgrades my system ran perfect, never had a problem with it. But after these upgrades I get couple a couple different errors in Event Viewer.
1. Occasional "Graphic Driver has stopped responding and has recovered" errors
2. Random unexpected shutdown errors
3. BSOD errors
4. LAN Disconnect Warnings

Everytime these issues occur the system is under load. This is with any game but I have noticed the less intensive the game, the longer before the game crashes. In AC Origins I can get about 5-10 minutes. In Mass Effect Andromeda I get about 10 minutes. In CSGO I get about an hour or so. And in Rocket League I get about a half hour.

I have done memtest86+ on the RAM. No issues were reported back with that. I also ran tests on both my SSD and HDD for errors, those came back with none as well. I have reinstalled windows 10 three different times wiping both drives in the process each time so I am convinced it is not a software issue. Everytime as well I ensure that all drivers are up to date.

I ran stress tests on both the CPU and GPU as well. I would run 3dmark graphic tests on it (the free version) and typically make it through. But everyone once in awhile the application would crash once again, typically in the Graphics testing phase.

These are my system specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7
RAM: 16GB Team Dark DDR4 2400
GPU: Nividia GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
PSU: Evga 700 Watt B1
Hard Drives: Kingston SSD V300 Series 2.5'' 120 GB and WD Blue 2TB HDD - 5400 RPM

Lutfij

Titan
1| I'm assuming that your re-installation took place after you recreated your bootable USB installer?
2| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?
3| See if manually inputting the memory frequency and timings as well as the voltage to the stickered information helps alleviate the issue.
4| Is the ram kit in the right slots of your motherboard?

white_lightning

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

Yes I did recreate the windows install on USB each time.
BIOS was made sure to be up to date.
I have attempted to imput RAM timings with the suggested timings on the box and there was no change.
Yes the RAM kit is the correct slots. 288 pin DDR4.