Docked Fighters Exceeding Hull Limits

It seems that when wings already docked to a ship are subsequently
docked to one another (in an attempt to build larger wings and conserve
resource points), the new, combined wing does not take up any more
space than one of the originals, even when it should. You can see it
in the Fighters Bays screen in the ship's Cargo tab.

I'd suspected this was happening earlier, when my Gorbie seemed to have
more open bays than it should have. Since I'd never filled it up, I
wasn't sure if it was just a display problem.

Proof came to me this turn when my Star Destroyer, with replentish
fighters left on, picked up another wing of 100 fighters. This despite
the fact that I already have a wing of 200 fighters docked to the ship
(Star Destroyers have 2 fighter bays with a 100 fighter capacity,
each).

Cheers,
--Mark