Question Docked laptop not waking with click.

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I know this is a common issue with lots of results on Google. I already made sure the common issues were resolved, made sure the USB was set to be able to wake, etc.

What's odd about this situation is:

1. The laptop does wake after I set to sleep during the day. Overnight though, the next morning, it doesn't wake and I have to open the lid and hit the power button. I suspect maybe something is causing the laptop to turn off by itself.
  2. I just reinstalled Windows. Everything was working fine before. The only major difference was I was using Win 10 Education before and now I'm using Win 10 Education N.
  3. I went to bed around 11PM last night so the 2AM Kernel Power event in the screenshot is probably whatever the issue is.
  4. unknown.png

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When you speak of reinstalling your OS, did you refabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Can you check and see what BISO version you're on for your laptop? Use CPU-Z to check the BIOS version(Mainboard's tab>BIOS section)On that note, what is the make and model of your laptop?

readabook

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I reset the BIOS settings to default which seemed to have resolved the issue. I did update the BIOS as part of my overall update so that's probably what did it.

To answer the questions for overall reference though. I made a bootable USB with Rufus with an ISO, not Media Creation Tools. The laptop is an MSI Bravo 15.

TRENDING THREADS