[SOLVED] Docking a Laptop into a Desktop?

Dec 30, 2019
I apologize for the complicated question... hopefully someone can direct me to a simple solution.

Ultimately I am looking for a way to have the portability of a laptop so that I can work at home (with all of my files on my machine), have access to all of my files from my machine when I'm in meetings (not at my desk), but still have very fast processing speed and a lot of storage (my current desktop setup) when I need it.

My solution is to find a docking station for my laptop which will integrate with my desktop so that when I am in my office I am using the processing power of my desktop to work on the files located on my laptop. Then when I un-dock my laptop and take it home or to a meeting I can continue to work on the same files.

Does this type of docking system exist or am I overthinking this? What other solutions would you offer?

Solution
No, that does not exist.

Solution?
Have the files on some other central storage location. Access them from the desired device.
OneDrive, Dropbox or similar.

g-unit1111

Titan
No, that does not exist.

Solution?
Have the files on some other central storage location. Access them from the desired device.
OneDrive, Dropbox or similar.

I remember back in the early days of laptops Apple had a Powerbook with a dock that when you inserted it, it transformed it into a full desktop PC. I think solutions like that still exist but I'm not sure if there's a universal one. Most of the ones I've seen are manufacturer-specific.

USAFRet

Titan
I remember back in the early days of laptops Apple had a Powerbook with a dock that when you inserted it, it transformed it into a full desktop PC. I think solutions like that still exist but I'm not sure if there's a universal one. Most of the ones I've seen are manufacturer-specific.
Yeah. If it exists, it would be within a single manufacturer and product line.