[SOLVED] Docking Station for Portable USB HDD

Little Hulk

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014
Hi All,

I have many external Portable USB HDD, from Seagate, WD, etc. They are mostly USB 2.0, and some USB 3.0.

Every time I need to use any of them, after remembering what is stored in which portable HDD, I need to plug them into a USB port in my machine to access them.

Is there any product out there, which would let me dock there multiple portable external HDD USB drives so that I can access them at any time through a single USB 3.0 interface connected to a USB 3.0/3/1 port on my computer?

I have seen many out there, but all seem to be for Internal HDD or Internal SSD only.

Please help by suggesting.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I don't actually need a USB Hub based solution to my problem.

I wanted to know if there is any compact docking station for portable HDD, which can fit multiple of them while connecting to the desktop computer through a single interface
I doubt there is an actual docking station, because the external cases are of all different sizes.

Regular 2.5" or 3.5" drives, no problem. Any number of 2/4/8 bay docks for those.

But external drives have a variety of different cases and sizes.

Reactions: Little Hulk

Little Hulk

Honorable
Nov 2, 2014

I wanted to know if there is any compact docking station for portable HDD, which can fit multiple of them while connecting to the desktop computer through a single interface

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013

I doubt there is an actual docking station, because the external cases are of all different sizes.

Regular 2.5" or 3.5" drives, no problem. Any number of 2/4/8 bay docks for those.

But external drives have a variety of different cases and sizes.

Reactions: Little Hulk

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS