[SOLVED] DOCP enabled wont post

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
So I am trying to enable DOCP but every time I do, the pc tries to post 2 times then the 3rd time is sends me to bios. I disable DOCP and pc boots fine.

I am running

Ryzen 2700x
Asus Prime X470 Pro
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb DDR 3200 (4 sticks of 8) ( CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 DDR4)

I am currently running a DRAM Freq of 1064MHz.

I have looked on the QVL list on ASUS support for my mobo and I dont see my kit listed.

I have a 5800x3D coming in the mail.

What is the best option for me so that I utilize my memory to its fullest capacity without breaking the bank on upgrading the mobo and ram at he same time?

EDIT:
Should I crawl through the QVL list for my mobo and the 5000 series CPUs and find a compatible RAM kit

or

do I upgrade to a mobo that is compatible with the current RAM I have under the 5000 series CPUs?

Last edited:
Solution
So I am trying to enable DOCP but every time I do, the pc tries to post 2 times then the 3rd time is sends me to bios. I disable DOCP and pc boots fine.

I am running

Ryzen 2700x
Asus Prime X470 Pro
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb DDR 3200 (4 sticks of 8) ( CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 DDR4)

I have looked on the QVL list on ASUS support for my mobo and I dont see my kit listed.

What is the best option for me so that I utilize my memory to its fullest capacity without breaking the bank on upgrading the mobo and ram at he same time?
The 5800x3D will have a better IMC and more than likely work without issues with that RAM.

2xxx series had a hard time...

I am running

Ryzen 2700x
Asus Prime X470 Pro

The 5800x3D will have a better IMC and more than likely work without issues with that RAM.

2xxx series had a hard time running 4 sticks. Try using only two installed in slots a2-b2.

Reactions: Kaydin910
Solution

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019

2xxx series had a hard time running 4 sticks. Try using only two installed in slots a2-b2.

So drop down to 16GBs in the a2-b2 slots, then try and enable DOCP?

Then when I get the 5800x3D, reinstall the RAM and make sure DOCP is enabled?

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Because that's what is correct per the motherboard design.
So I went to test individual sticks to make sure they were all good.

According to the manual, B2 is where a single slot of ram should go.

I inserted the first stick in B2 and the PC booted up, but my displays did not activate or detect input, when I inserted the single stick into A1 I got a boot and display.

I inserted 2 sticks into A2-B2 and I got boot but no display, when I inserted into A1-B1 I got boot and display.

Every stick inserted into A1 booted up the pc, when I enabled DCOP, looped twice and then forced back to bios. Then disabling DCOP I booted to windows fine.
I put 2 sticks into A1-B1 and botted to bios, enabled DCOP, looped twice then forced back to bios. Disabling SCOP booted to windows fine.

Here is a pic of the manual

waBqrM4.jpg

So I went to test individual sticks to make sure they were all good.

According to the manual, B2 is where a single slot of ram should go.

I inserted the first stick in B2 and the PC booted up, but my displays did not activate or detect input, when I inserted the single stick into A1 I got a boot and display.

I inserted 2 sticks into A2-B2 and I got boot but no display, when I inserted into A1-B1 I got boot and display.

Every stick inserted into A1 booted up the pc, when I enabled DCOP, looped twice and then forced back to bios. Then disabling DCOP I booted to windows fine.
I put 2 sticks into A1-B1 and botted to bios, enabled DCOP, looped twice then forced back to bios. Disabling SCOP booted to windows fine.

Here is a pic of the manual

waBqrM4.jpg
Are you on latest stable BIOS for the motherboard?

BTW you need a GPU in order to get any video output as the CPU doesn't have an integrated one.

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Are you on latest stable BIOS for the motherboard?

BTW you need a GPU in order to get any video output as the CPU doesn't have an integrated one.
I have a EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra hooked up.

The BIOS is version 5861, not the latest. But I was having issues updating to the current bios and asus support had me update from 4406 and jump 4 updates, then jump another 4 until I reached 5861 because 5861 is good for my 5800x3D

I have a EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra hooked up.

The BIOS is version 5861, not the latest. But I was having issues updating to the current bios and asus support had me update from 4406 and jump 4 updates, then jump another 4 until I reached 5861 because 5861 is good for my 5800x3D
Usually RAM slots not working means a bad motherboard or bent pins on CPU.

Wait for the 5800x to arrive then test RAM again. You should be able to boot with RAM installed in slots a2-b2.

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Usually RAM slots not working means a bad motherboard or bent pins on CPU.
But all ram works in the A1 slot. It just wont let me enable DCOP. My PC boots fine with a single stick in slot A1, dual in A1 and B1, quad in all slots.

I did a search and there are others that have posted with this same issue.

Last edited:
But all ram works in the A1 slot. It just wont let me enable DCOP. My PC boots fine with a single stick in slot A1, dual in A1 and B1, quad in all slots.

I did a search and there are others that have posted with this same issue.

I had a x470 Prime Pro and 2700x before this motherboard and it worked fine with RAM installed in the correct slots. If I were you I'd just wait for the new CPU and troubleshoot further if needed.

You can always try raising the DRAM voltage a bit to see if it helps.

Kaydin910

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
I had a x470 Prime Pro and 2700x before this motherboard and it worked fine with RAM installed in the correct slots. If I were you I'd just wait for the new CPU and troubleshoot further if needed.

You can always try raising the DRAM voltage a bit to see if it helps.

Yeah after testing yesterday, waiting on the new chip was my determination also.

I raised the DRAM Voltage to 1.37 and brought the frequency up in stages and basically got to 3000MHz, any higher and the PC would try to post and force me back to bios.

I looked on the QVL for the x470 and the 3rd gen chips and the current RAM kit I have is on that list. I believe I was looking at the 5000 G series QVL instead of the 3rd gen list at the beginning.

So glad that I dont have to upgrade anything as of right now unless I run into issues after installing the new chip.

Appreciate your help bud.

Reactions: drivinfast247