[SOLVED] DOCP Profile uses wrong RAM timings ?

Mar 4, 2021
Hello everybody!

Ive noticed something strange on my ram timings, so i want to ask you guys if you ever experienced such behavior.

My specs:
Ryzen 9 5950x @ stock
2x32 GB DDR4 3200 CL16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi
RTX 3090
1000W Be quiet PSU

So after installing the ram-modules the bios automatically loaded the DOCP Profile and set the ram to the advertised 3200mhz.
Everything runs stable so far. The profile-name itself even named the advertised timings "DOCP-3200-16-20-20-38-58".
But after looking into the actual timings in CPU-Z my timings that are being used are 18-22-22-42-75.
But according to the SPD-Tab these timings are not part of any other XMP or JEDEC-profile?!?!?

So from my understanding its like using CL18-Ram form me. Ive checked in the bios again and CPU-Z was right.
The DOCP Profile doesnt use the advertised timings,

Could it be, that the motherboard somehow limits the timings automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
You could try going into bios timings and setting them manually...be prepared for a no-post. Maybe get lucky.

If the ram isn't performing as advertised contact Corsair support and be prepared for getting the runaround. Good luck.

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
You could try going into bios timings and setting them manually...be prepared for a no-post. Maybe get lucky.

If the ram isn't performing as advertised contact Corsair support and be prepared for getting the runaround. Good luck.

Solution