ablucy

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Hello,
WHAT IS document viewer error 2908. Did it come with windows? Why did it start all of a sudden? What program is the document viewer associated with? I do not know if I can trust the fixes..

It is probably the Microsoft Word Viewer, and why would you not trust "The Fixes", whatever you mean by that ?

The viewer is made available for users who do not have the MS Office suite installed, so they can view word documents, and view only. If you wish to reinstall the viewer:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4895847_reinstall-document-viewer-windows-xp.html

ablucy

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
From ablucy-I do have all of MS Office - so what about just removing the Microsoft Word Viewer? So far I can not identify it to remove it. I don't necessarily trust fixes because it could be another way of getting malware etc.. duh - not that sophosticated in all this ..

ablucy

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
also, I ended up paying a register cleaner 29.95 which still didn't fix it . Now after talking to some customer service person in India they want $130 more to fix it. I do not have that. I can normally get rid of the error temporarily thru the task manager processes tab- it goes away but and every click continues to take forever.

Using 3rd party software to repair the system registry is not a recommended practice, and paying for it, well, as you found out is not worth it. Registry errors can be corrected by Windows Restoring to a date prior to the error occuring , in most cases. If you are still experiencing the error, go to the Windows update and check that your system has latest updates, and if that is ok, then Reinstall your MS Office Suite.