I had to reinstall Windows, my wife had files she really needed under her My
Documents folder. When I reinstalled the folder is still there, but it says
access is denied, is there anyway I can recover these files?

dl

You need to take possession/ownership of the files, see win help

Any way, 'really needed' and no backup?

"BK Since 1981" <BK Since 1981@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had to reinstall Windows, my wife had files she really needed under her
My
> Documents folder. When I reinstalled the folder is still there, but it
says
> access is denied, is there anyway I can recover these files?

Thank you DL, that worked perfectly!