[SOLVED] Does 2 single channel ram 8gb kit from different box work same with 2x8 dual channel from single box in Ryzen APU?

akaneflyers

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015
Does 2 single channel ram 8gb kit from different box work same with 2x8 dual channel from single box in Ryzen APU?

thx for your answer

Solution
The only 99.99% guarantee that 2 ram sticks will work together is to buy them in a kit, that last .01% is if one of these sticks is DOA when you buy them. Like Jay said them more you can match up Brand, Model, speeds/timings, and voltage the better chance you have.

But remember even if you buy two exact same sticks that were manufactured at the same time but were made on different lines in the plant. They could have different chips from different bins and just not work together. Thats why its recommended to buy a kit whenever possible, but lets face it computers have come a long way and have gotten better and managing mix match ram sets.

Back in the day (about 11 years ago) i ran 2 mushkin 3x2GB kits on a i7 950, CPU...
The only 99.99% guarantee that 2 ram sticks will work together is to buy them in a kit, that last .01% is if one of these sticks is DOA when you buy them. Like Jay said them more you can match up Brand, Model, speeds/timings, and voltage the better chance you have.

But remember even if you buy two exact same sticks that were manufactured at the same time but were made on different lines in the plant. They could have different chips from different bins and just not work together. Thats why its recommended to buy a kit whenever possible, but lets face it computers have come a long way and have gotten better and managing mix match ram sets.

Back in the day (about 11 years ago) i ran 2 mushkin 3x2GB kits on a i7 950, CPU overclocked like a dream and the 1600Mhz ram overclocked to just over 2200Mhz. At one point i had 3 of the same 3x2GB kits and i know for a fact that they are no longer in there KIT's but i can throw any 2,4, or 6 sticks in a computer an they just work together.

Solution